Vaping devices such as electronic cigarettes (e-cigs) or vape mods using a rechargeable battery can succumb to potential failures and dangerous battery failure if not tested for safety before use. These failures can be due to poor mechanical design or operator misuse resulting in an explosion or fire.
To ensure device manufacturers provide safely designed products, we offer testing services to evaluate the safety of the electrical, heating, battery and charging systems of electronic cigarettes and vaping devices, also known as ENDS (electronic nicotine delivery systems) in accordance with UL 8139.
Why This is Important
- Enhances consumer safety
- Minimizes battery-related injuries
- Protects brand reputation
- Mitigates potential risks
- Boosts consumer confidence
- Battery management system evaluation for normal use and foreseeable misuse
- Mechanical stress testing
- Accidental activation
- Compatibility with interconnected systems
- Environmental resilience